When you don't have a thigh gap.

08:26 Serena Ansari 0 Comments

Was it a few years ago or was it more when Tumblr blew up with pictures of girls and their thigh gaps? I always wondered why men didn't sport it? But I guess it wasn't manly enough? I mean if I had it I would flaunt it, but I never did and I don't know if I'll ever catch it by the trend in the future. However, I'm not envious nor am I dying to take a picture of a gap, I would much rather take pictures of my face, I feel like it has a lot more character than a gap. So since I've started this new blog as an essay of self-love and self-motivation to lead a healthier and happier life, I thought I should document the many things that I as an overweight individual suffer. Now some might say looking at me that overweight is a stretch, what else do you call someone not the ideal weight for their age group? If you find a better term let me know, but till then I'll stick to overweight. Am I ashamed? No, not at all. It's my body, and my story, and if I am to start opening up about how I got here, and what caused me to gain drastic weight it would take pages and pages, and this isn't a sob story so I'll leave that bit out. Now every girl with a little bit of extra fat on out inner thighs...(I'm assuming men also have this problem?) well it's somewhat uncomfortable to wear dresses and skirts because when we walk our thighs rub against each other and create this burning feeling to the point where I've had skin peel off. In fact, our inner thighs are a little darker, are they not? I always hated not being able to wear dresses or skirts for a long period of time because after awhile I couldn't walk because of all the rubbing. All my teenage years was spent in envy of girls who wore beautiful dresses, skirts and sometimes even those mini shorts while I stuck to pants. Pants...that's another story. Somehow my pants always ripped in between my thighs because YES YOU GUESSED IT the rubbing. It was impossible to understand my body at the age of 13 because my weight gain was sudden and I was in a state of embarrassment that I couldn't ask anyone about this issue or even openly talk about it to people. Also the fact that I was forced to wear skirts in middle school as the school uniform meant burnt thighs for life. But eventually, I realized that I just needed a little bit of clothing between my legs in order to avoid burns. So now to all the girls with those juicy thighs, I'm being told they are back in style. There is no solution to getting rid of thigh burns...or so I thought. Wearing shorts under skirts and dresses gets annoying and doesn't always work, but heels my friends is an invention that promises no more burns. I'm kind of bummed that it was only at the age of 20 that I befriended heels but I thought it was a bit of knowledge I could proudly pass on to any girl suffering from thighs burns! Now obviously I recommend exercising to stay healthy, but unless your goal is to lose weight you're not going to be losing any inner thigh fat. But if you do decide you've had it with your inner thigh fat, I highly recommend doing leg raises and side squats. I've seen results, and I don't know if I'll ever see thigh gap results but I'm not going to rule it out yet. Till then hello high heels and goodbye thigh burns...maybe in a couple years I'll write about the woes of wearing heels. Till then love yourself, take care of your body and strut the streets because you got a bit of thunder in your steps! ;)

Courtesy of Tumblr.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: